At 6 pm Pacific time, I will host a Shine a Light on Lung Cancer event. Please join us at Upper Park in Carlton, OR, or from the comfort of your own home. We will light candles and/or shine flashlights and share stories to raise awareness for lung cancer. It is also a chance to pay tribute to past, current, and future patients of lung cancer and their families and friends.
If you have been affected by the struggle or loss of lung cancer, or just feel inclined to show support, please join us!
Additional resources that will be provided at the event include:
Lung Cancer Alliance – The only national non-profit organization dedicated to providing information, support, and advocacy for people living with lung cancer and those at risk for the disease. 1-800-298-2436.
- What You Should Know about Risk and Screening– Information about risk and screening for the general population
- Understanding Your Diagnosis: A Guide for the Patient – A great guide for the newly diagnosed with just the basics on lung cancer
- Coping With Reactions to Your Diagnosis – Assistance with beginning to understand and cope with the stigma associated with lung cancer.
- Phone Buddy Program – Information about our peer-to-peer telephone support program
- Lung Love Runs/Walks – Join or create a movement near you.